#Meet the Cloud - Aroti Shrimati Bertelli

Welcome to the Meet the Cloud post series - a collection of posts featuring the Italian partners’ voice: constitution, members, goals, collaborations and successful activities.

Today we present Blogger and Live-streamer Aroti Shrimati Bertelli, 35 years old, adopted from India at nine years old.


"Hello, I'm Aroti. To my name was added a vowel, an  "O", and I have many birth dates on my records.

That added "O" was too much for my life and resulted in my journey back to my origins in 2016. The journey was extremely fundamental to understand who I am, get in touch with my fragmented identity, make it tangible, free my roots from too much "Italianness", and rediscover their Indianness.


Retracing the path, the places that - because of others and their haste brought me here, in Italy - I had to leave unknowingly, without saying goodbye. I took back that time, that inner space to make order inside my past, messed up by others. TAKE TIME TO DECONSTRUCT ME AND MY THINKING, BECAUSE I'VE GROWN ALMOST IN RACIAL ISOLATION, IN A WHITE SOCIETY WITH MY NON-WHITE SKIN.


That trip pointed me toward the world of adoption and several collaborations with adoptive and non-adoptive realities.

I like to advocate against cultural appropriation practices and pose reflections, especially in adoptees' rights and inflicted racism.

For adoption to be authentic and genuine, the real protagonists' voices must be listened to: the people adopted.


I don't have the truth in my pocket, but I have thoughts and opportunities offered to me by life to share. In 2016, my journey back-to-the-origins was broadcast on Real-time and Sky channels in an Italian docu-reality entitled Italiani Made in India.


My book
'Ritorno alle origini’ (Back to the Origins) is available on my website - a newly edited version is awaited. On SkyUno web, you can also find my Indian wedding made in collaboration with MasterChef Italia. I wanted and cared to celebrate this union by honouring the traditions of my culture of origin.



A new chapter of life inspired me to open the Aroti Bertelli Youtube Channel, a space to share my life-based experience. Last two Italian video clips  'Gravidansia' focused on my pregnancy and 'FamilyTree' about my blended family; find & follow me on social media to discover more about loss and love."



——


Thanks to Aroti for the time and patience she has dedicated to this project.

Follow her on Facebook and Instagram.


Interested in getting to know the Adoption Cloud Project & Partners, please follow our social profiles (FB - Instagram) or visit the cloud page.



© Aroti Shrimati Bertelli / AdoptCloud 2021. Creative Commons 
(Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike License)



Arp / Speaks AtCLoud - Alessia Petrolito




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adoption Communities and the Social Media Pyramid

Angela Tucker's Adoptee Manifesto comes to Italy - Il manifesto di un*adottiv*